CBD for your Pet?: Main Reasons Pet Owners and Veterinarians swear by CBD
Senior Pets: You can teach old dogs new tricks!
The other day I was driving down the road and spotted a man with a very large dog walking slowly down the sidewalk. The dog was quite obviously experiencing stiffness and mobility issues. An old dog with arthiritis I thought. I pulled a U-turn and parked beside them. I walked up to the man and said “I noticed your dog is having a difficult time walking”. The man responded “yes, his name is Cooper, he is a senior dog and in quite a bit of pain for joints due to age and size. I’ve tried quite a few things to help him but generally we just walk very slowly when I take him out”. “Have you heard of CBD?” I asked. “I have heard of it and wanted to give it a try but I didn’t know how to source a reliable product, and I didn’t want to put anything into him that would cause other issues”. I handed him a MonaLisa Healing card and said, “Go to this website and read about the product, I can assure you first hand that MonaLisa CBD is top in quality and pricing and I would love to see Cooper acting like a younger dog and enjoying his life again”. About two weeks later I spotted them again and I could not believe the difference in Cooper’s movement. Was this the same dog? I pulled over again and sure enough Cooper’s owner went online at MonaLisaHealing.com and ordered a 750mg tincture. They received the package about 2 days later and started immediately including it in Cooper’s daily regimine. Cooper received a quarter dropper in the morning and night for about seven days and within 48 hours started to show improvement. I asked how he had administered the CBD and Cooper’s owner said that he opened Cooper’s mouth by putting his fingers and the base of his jaw and quickly squirted it under his tongue. Since there is no grape seed filler or flavour additives in MonaLisa Healing CBD Cooper had no issue with zero taste or smell. As well MonaLisa CBD has ZERO THC, as it is produced from Canadian Organic Hemp and everything is removed except the CBD in the extraction process. This is mixed with the MCT oil which is a derivative of coconut oil and causes no known issues with the gastrointestinal tract in humans or animals. I felt completely happy that I had approached them and now Cooper is enjoying life a bit more. Win for Cooper’s owner, Win for Cooper and a Win for MonaLisa Healing.
Nervous Pets: Does your pet have separation anxiety?
Pets exhibit anxiety in different ways, they may bark or meow excessively, urinating or defacating in abnormal loacations, destruction of furnature or clothing, and even over eating or reducing, stopping eating. While there’s no definitive scientific data on using CBD to treat dogs, there’s anecdotal evidence from dog owners suggesting it can treat pain, especially neuropathic pain, as well as helping to control seizures. CBD is also used because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, and for possible anti-cancer benefits, although there’s no conclusive data on this use.
Possible Side Effects of CBD in Dogs
While there’s no scientific data on the side effects of CBD usage for dogs, there are potential side effects based on how CBD affects humans. To minimize any potential side effects, make sure you are following the proper dosage chart on Dosages on MonaLisaHealing.com.
- Dry mouth: Research has shown that CBD can decrease the production of saliva. For dogs, this would manifest as an increased thirst.
- Lowered blood pressure: High doses of CBD have been known to cause a temporary drop in blood pressure. Even though the drop is small, it might create a brief feeling of light-headedness.
- Drowsiness: Dog owners have used CBD to treat anxiety. The calming effect of CBD can also cause slight drowsiness, especially when using higher doses.
CBD Products on the Market
If you and your veterinarian decide that you should try CBD as a treatment for your dog, there are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing CBD oil. Not all oils are the same; you’ll want high-quality CBD oil to have a better chance of it working.
- Look for organic. MonaLisa CBD is certified Organic: If the CBD oil is not organic, it at least should not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
- Don’t price shop. MonaLisa CBD is free from impurities: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. You don’t want to go for a cheaper option that could have toxic substances such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals.
- Get the analysis. MonaLisa CBD has Zero THC and our certificates of analysis are under ‘Learn’ on MonaLisaHealing.com The manufacturer should provide a certificate that tells you the amount of CBD that is in the product. Many CBD products contain only small amounts of CBD. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Buy CBD as a liquid. MonaLisa CBD only comes as a liquid in a tincture. You can buy dog treats containing CBD, but the best form to administer is an oil or tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop.
We recommend the MonaLisa Healing 750mg tincture for Pets based on the following:
THESE ARE THE MAXIMUM DOSAGES
Dosages: MonaLisa Healing 750mg in 30ml bottle
A Maximum dosage of 2.4 DROPS x 1lb of your Pet’s weight
Using the table below you can calculate the amount of drops in quarter/half/three-quarter and full droppers
1 drop = 0.06225mg of CBD
Quarter dropper / 0.25ml or 10 drops = 6.26mg of CBD
Half dropper / 0.5ml or 20 drops = 12.52mg of CBD
Three quarters dropper / .75ml or 30 drops = 18.79mg of CBD
Full dropper / 1.0ml or 40 drops = 25.05mg of CBD